Saturday, June 6, 2009

One down, ten to go.

So I've successfully completed the first week of my job without getting yelled at, fired or respectfully laid off. I must say I'm proud. Little victories. Naturally after such a momentous achievement one would yearn for a crazy night out on the town right? Right! Well unfortunately, in the words of two of the most accredited philosophical masterminds (Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of course!), you can't always get what you want. Since my roommate informed me that he is taking it easy for a bit after five straight months of hard partying in which he "ate ecstacy like coffee" (and even tbough you don't technically eat coffee I thought it best not to correct him), I opted for poaching a movie alone. I paid for a ticket to "The Hangover," which was a fun comedy that made me want to go to Vegas with Caitlin and give their scenario a run for its money, and then surprisingly found myself sneaking into "Star Trek." This was actually probably fourth or fifth on my list to poach but there were a few factors that landed me in that particular theater; the timing worked out perfectly so I didn't have to awkwardly linger too long while waiting for the ushers to clean the theaters; I wasn't especially thrilled to watch "Angels and Demons" by myself sipping wine in an empty theater (don't worry, same bottle..fits surprisingly well in my purse); and I feel like it's only respectful to be sufficiently stoned at a Disney/Pixar film, and since I'm oh so responsibly holding off on the pot just in case the 42 fucking bottles of detox didn't work..."Up" was out.
Ok ok...before you assholes start ridiculing me let me just get a few things straight. I'm not any sort of "trekie" or anything, I've actually never even seen an episode of Star Trek...in fact my only experience with the show at all is when it comes on Spike at 11 pm on Sunday nights signifying the end of CSI Sunday, which always gave me negative feelings towards it. (How dare they stop 12 straight hours of CSI even though they have been repeating for three hours? Bastards!) Anyway...I really enjoyed it, and the other three computer tech guys (also there by themselves) seemed to enjoy it as well. I definitely recommend it...although I'm sure everyone reading this has more important things to do than poach "Star Trek" alone on a Friday night...or probably read this blog....Shit.
Well I'm sure you don't have better things to do Monday morning while pretending to work, so you can read it then...in fact most of you probably are. Unless you're Caitlin and you quit your job working for the man so you could get wasted and buy tickets to Germany....in that case get wasted and by tickets to L.A. Actually get tickets to L.A. in time to go to the Electric Daisy Carnival (only like the biggest rave in the world) with my roommate who asked me to put roughly 8 tickets at $60 a pop on my credit card for him since he only deals in cash. Oh and Carla he is offering to buy you a ticket too. I don't know but I trust Fab when he says there's nothing in this world like seeing 20,000 ravers in one place.....I'm sure there isn't. Ok I'm off to do something productive with my day, like stop lying around my room and go lay around on the beach. Live long and prosper!

1 comment:

  1. haha Cate-O... I poached Star Trek last weekend!! haha... I wasn't alone , and it was on a Sunday night, but still... never had seen it before and I was super impressed by it! So no worries, I understand why you mighta had the inkling to go :)

    ReplyDelete